Thursday, August 23, 2007

Orange Julius-ish

I grew up on Orange Julius and Hotdogs from the mall, way back in the 70's before food courts. The mall had an Orange Julius stand that was a circle and you could order on most any side. I remember having a great view of the hot dog rollers. :)

Now I live in a very rural area and, while I still love Orange Julius, I can't drive 1.5 hours just to get one. (Well, I could, I just don't have time!) Here is my recipe that is very, very close to tasting like the original -- and sugar free to boot!!

Orange Julius-ish

8 ounces orange juice (fresh or from concentrate)
About 10 ice cubes (more or less, up to you)
1/2 ounce Torani Vanilla Syrup (Sugar free has zero calories!)
1/4 tsp sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (Yes, the dry powder)

Whizz it all up in a blender. Add more ice for thicker, less for thinner. Easy to double the recipe.

Yummy!!!

Notes:
If you don't have vanilla syrup, just mix up a batch of simple syrup and use that. I haven't tried corn syrup but I suppose it might be an option. Even sugar couldn't be bad.

2 comments:

Pippen Prints: Elizabeth Murray Design said...

Can't wait to try this...my husband wants to know how it is with vodka. :)

feather anne said...

I've been considering trying that! LOL Will let you know when I do. :)