Monday, August 27, 2007

Easy Peas-y Fettucine

So, this is a real recipe, in a real recipe book, that my mom used to make us all the time. (Although she shudders at the very mention of it now. Not sure why, it's like comfort food to me!) There aren't real measurements -- I mean, there are in the recipe, but you need to make it to your own tastes.

Easy Peas-y Fettucine

1 package fettucine noodles
Frozen green peas (I like petite peas)
Sour cream
Parmesan cheese (I use Kraft)

Boil the noodles in salted water. Add the peas for the last few minutes. (Sometimes I just drain the hot noodles over the frozen peas in the colander -- keeps them brighter.) Drain it all. Stir in a few good scoops of sour cream -- make it as creamy as you want. Add lots of parmesan. Salt and pepper to taste.

My kids eat this like there is no tomorrow! And I remember enjoying it the same way!!

No comments: